Monday, July 17, 2006

Our New Life In Kansas

Well life in Kansas is starting to get a little smoother. I have about 1/2 to 2/3 of the house unpacked now. Still have a lot to do though, especially before we go to WA state to visit. Don't want to leave to much for Kirk to do while we are gone. He will have enough to worry about. Today has been a lazy day though....except for the fact that I braved the heat here and mowed our back yard and the yard around the garage and carport, still have the front yard to do though. To hot, will wait until Kirk gets home this evening.

Besides preparing for our trip to WA, I am also trying to get Edward signed up for Kindermusik and looking into Monart for him. I also am starting to finalize homeschooling plans for him for this fall. He will be in Preschool, next year will be Pre-Kindergarten and then Kindergarten. I am excited but also scared about this adventure we will be beginning.

Kansas so far is nice, hot this summer though. It was 105 yesterday, a 102 (or higher) today and will be about 104 tomorrow. That is HOT!!!

Loving our new house. There are a few things we will be changing as we get the money (like getting a landscapper to do the yard, and a painter to redo the inside). Kirk is wanting to do some modifications to the house later on.

Still trying to get pregnant, will wait until Sept now though do to the fact Kirk is super busy at work and I will be gone.

We are going to be taking Edward to see Thomas for a Day Out With Thomas in Oct down in OKC, OK. Speaking of which Edward and I are taking a little trip down to OKC,OK this weekend to see a dear friend and to get Edward a hair cut. I also want to do a little shopping.

Well that is about it here for now. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I'm so glad you're liking your new house! I was wondering about you the other day and, specifically, about how things were in the house. Have you met any new friends yet? I know it was hard for you to leave the ones you had, and were making, in OK. Glad you posted to my blog so I could find out about yours!