Monday, January 28, 2008

Are We Camping?????


Oie Vey!!!!! I feel like I am on a very bad camping trip right now. No dishwasher right now. The kitchen sink, down stairs bathroom sink, shower/tub combo and toilet will be unusable after tomorrow. We are eating off of plastic solo plates, using plastic silverware and really lightening up on cooking at home to alleviate having to washing dishes. Unlike camping though I have no room to move around....ah but I guess that is what it would be like to camp in a fifth wheel with a husband, a 4 1/2 yr old and 3 dogs....huh? Only about 5 to 6 more weeks of this madness. They are roofing the new addition today, demolishing the back half of the kitchen, updating the electric (guess they broke a gas line while I was gone earlier), & doing some clean up of debris today. PTL!!! This isn't one of those projects where it will take years. Our contractor is great and things are moving along smoothly. The addition is over half way done....just need siding put up outside, wired for electricity, dry wall put up and wood floors put down, interior and exterior doors hung....wood floors also need to be put down in the new laundry room, then the upstairs will be complete. This is the first time I have ever been in this type of situation. I can say it is a very stressful one. So many decisions to be made.

No comments: