Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope that today was a beautiful and blessed day for you and yours. We (Kirk, Edward and I) had a traditional Thanksgiving meal....well, pretty much traditional. We fry our turkey instead of cook it in the oven. YUMMY!!! It is a great time saver too. Took about 1 hr and 15 minutes to cook a 20lb bird. I made cranberry sauce for the time. It was yummy. Don't think I will ever go back to canned again. I also mad a Sweet Potato Casserole this year instead of the Sweet Potatoes we usually make. Of course we had pie for dessert. It was basically a nice simple meal. I can't wait until tomorrow when we get to have left overs in the form of sandwiches. We do miss sharing the holiday with our family though, that is the down side to living so far from home...can't just hop in the car and drive to grandma's for the extended weekend. All in all it was a great day.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I so love fried turkey. One of these days I am going to break down and buy a frier. How does Edward like turkey. What kind of pie did you make?

Desiree's Daily Life said...

Edward loves any kind of meat. He is a huge meat eater...not big on pastas, rice or potatoes though. Didn't make the pies...bought Mrs. Smiths Spicy Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pies. To many other things to make and plus I have made but maybe 2 pies in my life. We love our Turkey Fryer. It only took about 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes to cook our 20lb bird. Beats taking up the oven to cook it pretty much all day long, plust it tastes so good and is super moist. However if you do buy one, you have to have safe place to use it and you have to watch it the whole time. It is the number 1 danger during the holidays because people don't use it correctly, walk away from it or do stupid things withouth thinking about the consquences.