Thursday, October 12, 2006

Just Call Me Chatty Cathy Today


I bet you are wondering why in the world I have been so chatty today, just a bunch of little things to share today. Like the fact that Edward is being a stinker pot today. He has been in more trouble today than any other day. Boy, I can't wait for him to be a teenager....LOL, yes I can!!!!!!!! I pray that this is just a phase and nothing permanent with his attitude. Thank the heavens we live in the Bible belt where a firm but loving spanking on the behind isn't frowned upon or against the law. That is one good thing about not living in WA state. They don't even like you to look at your child(ren) wrong up there. I personally feel that a spanking when needed is an acceptable form of punishment. That being said though, I also believe that as children get older you need to let them talk, to think about what they have done. Give a chance for them to correct their error(s) before administering corporal punishment. I don't condone time out. I think it is a huge joke. 95% of children in my opinion (having been a live out nanny, day care worker, child care provider and now a SAHM) do not learn anything from time out. I believe that the form of punishment administered depends on the individual child. Different things work with different children. One size punishments do not fit all. How did I get on that subject, oh yeah....Edward being a stinker pot.

No comments: