Monday, June 11, 2007

My Awesome Weekend

We had an Awesome time! Friday night after we arrived we just stayed in. I had a fruit and cheese tray along with a small bottle of white wine in the room for when we arrived. So we enjoyed that when we got in. We had a separate sitting room with it's own 1/2 bath, mini bar & TV. There was a small balcony. However there wasn't really a view to see so we didn't use that. There were 2 double beds, a TV and full bathroom in the other bedroom portion of the suite. We ordered room service for dinner (which were so wonderful...she had chicken and I had steak) and played Here and Now Monopoly, while visiting....we also watched a little TV. We got up Saturday went to Inspirations Tea Room for lunch. This tearoom is owned by Christians. It is fabulous, we both have been there other times. I told the waitress that we were celebrating Trisha's Birthday. When she brought back our dessert (we were sharing, it was a Strawberry Shortcake) it had a candle in it. They also gave her a little gift back with some of their scones (yummmy) and a few teas. We wandered around their gift shop afterwards until we had to leaver for the spa. I have to say that I went to another spa last Feb and that spa has nothing on the one we went to. It was so relaxing, tranquil, and serene. The treatments that we had were just fabulous. We started with a Lavender Hand Luxury Treatment. We soaked our hands in this water that had a lavender fizzing marble in it, then they took our hands and massaged them with lavender lotion and then dipped them in paraffin wax, we sat there with our hands in the wax, covered with plastic bags and these towels that were sewn like huge mittens, while they did our feet. We had the Grape Peel Foot Treatment. Our feet were soaked in Champagne fizz. Then they were exfoliated with Grape Pedi Peel and Champagne Oil (it was a foot mask), then they put our feet in plastic bags and they blue slippers. They looked like Smurf booties. LOL!!! While our feet sat in these booties, they finished our hands. They removed the paraffin wax, and massaged our hands with lavender oils. Then they removed the booties and finished our feet. We were able to stay together during these two treatments, we visited and just had a great time. Then we were taken to separate rooms for our facials. We had Chocolate Champagne Facials. First we had to remove our tops including our bras and done the soft spa towel tops that snapped closed. Then we laid down on massage tables and covered with sheets. They started our facials with a facial cleansing with Chocolate milk (LOL....that is what they call what ever it is), that was followed with hot stones rubbed on the face, then removed with a steaming hot cloth massage. Next came Exfoliation with a Revitalizing Exfoliating Scrub, and another rub down with hot stones, then removed with another steaming hot cloth massage. Then the Chocolate Masque was applied. While that was being allowed to do it's thing. We received a Champagne and Rose Butter Oil Massaged to the hands, arms, shoulders, neck and scalp. The Chocolate Masque was removed with a steaming hot cloth massage after it was rubbed down with hot stones. Then we had ultra hemp moisturizer put on our faces followed by a cold stone rub down on the face to help with the redness. This was heavenly. We finished up the day at the spa with Chocolate Strawberry crepes and tea in the fireside room. When we checked out we were given some Ultra Hemp Moisturizer and Eye Pillows that you can heat or put in the freezer. We went shopping at Target afterwards, then back to the hotel. We decided that we were going to go to Brick Town for dinners at an awesome Mexican Restaurant called Abelous. We were just about to leave when my cell phone rang. It was Kirk. He was Frantically asking me where Edward and I go for walks. I was trying to figure out why he was so frantic about going for a walk and why it was important that he took Edward where we go. I kept asking why he wanted to know and was so frantic about it. Finally he tells me he can't find Edward anywhere. He explains that he hadn't seen or heard Edward in almost 30 minutes. That he had looked all over the house but he was no where to be found. That he had called the cops and that they were there searching the house too. He told me he had to go, leaving me hanging and not know much more of what was happening. I called my mom, my step mom and Jennifer to ask them to start praying that Edward was found. Trisha called her mom and did the same. I called Kirk back and asked if they had found him. He said no, that he was looking for something that Edward had been wearing for the scent sniffing dogs that they were bringing in. Our elderly neighbor was searching the alleys and streets for Edward. Kirk hangs up on me. I can tell he is frantic. I am trying to stay calm and not just jump in the van and fly home, thinking how long do I wait before I do so. I felt that Edward had just fallen asleep somewhere in the house like he does at times with me and that Kirk just couldn't see him. I wanted to give ample time for them to look and not have Kirk worrying about me driving frantically home. Kirk called back and I asked him if they had found him. He was saying no, then in the back ground I hear a cop say that they had found him. Relief filled me so much, and Kirk too, I could instantly hear it in his voice. Kirk asked where they found him at, Edward had gone and curled up in his big butterfly chair back in the little reading nook in the playroom and fallen asleep. This chair is full of stuffed animals. He had crawled under all of them (probably had been playing there and fell asleep unplanned), the only thing that was sticking out was his hair and a tiny portion of his head. They brought Edward to Kirk and I could hear Kirk squeezing the stuffing out of Edward. PTL That he was safe. I finally got the rest of the story. Kirk was trying to surprise me while I was gone with redoing our downstairs bathroom. Edward had been going back and forth, and then Kirk realized that Edward hadn't come around for about 20 to 30 minutes, it was awful quiet so he went looking for him. Couldn't find him and this freaked him because there had been a yard sale just a few houses down the road with lots of people coming and going in the neighborhood. So he called the cops after he was unsuccessful in locating Edward. He says now he feels like an idiot but I told him not too. He did the right thing, minutes are so important in finding a lost little one. After everything was calmed down, Trisha and I decided to still go to dinner. We hoped the downtown trolley (caught it unfortunately at the beginning of the route so we had to ride it the whole route...it was only a quarter though) to Brick Town. We had a great dinner at the Mexican Restaurant, went back to the hotel, rented a movie (Because I Said So with Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore) , order a midnight snack from room service and then went to sleep. We woke up Sunday morning, ordered breakfast from room service, packed up and left. She went to her aunts, I went shopping (had to get some things for father's day to make for Kirk), then I went to see the Wilkinson's (my first nanny family).....visited for almost 2 hours then came home. It was a nice weekend minus the missing Edward thing.

No comments: