Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mommy, Can We Chase the Ice Cream Man?

Today, I was out mowing the lawn. I was doing the lawn by the carport/garage first. Edward was riding his bike on the driveway area. He heard the music of the ice cream man. He came over to me, so I stopped mowing. He said "Mommy, Can We Chase the Ice Cream Man?". I told him that I didn't have any cash, he said you do to, in the car (we keep change in there from when we are given it back from buying something). So I told him if the Ice Cream Man was out front when we were up there for me to mow the front lawn, I would buy him an ice cream. He took this to mean that we were going to chase the Ice Cream man. He grabbed his bike and started running down the back alley with me following pushing the mower with me. Needless to say I was about half of the way done with the front yard before we saw the Ice Cream Man's Van. He was about 2 streets down from ours (we could see him). Edward went to the road (I was with him) and was waving him down, screaming "STOP HERE ICE CREAM MAN!!" It took everything I had not to bust up laughing right there in the street. Guess we will be seeing a lot of the ice cream man this summer since Edward seems to be able to hone in on the music that the Ice Cream Man plays, even in the house.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh Man. I am craving an icecream sandwich right now. Ask him where auntie jenns is.