Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gold Bricks Please

Edward says to me this afternoon around 4pm, Mommy can you paint me 2 bricks gold....so I can take them to VBS with me tonight? Well, it was 4pm and I was in the middle of mopping the floors. I told him I didn't have the time tonight before we left but I would do it tomorrow for him and I would check 1st with Mrs. Kliewer (I hadn't seen anything about needing bricks painted gold and was unsure what they would need them for). So when I dropped him off at VBS, we went to change his money into pennies (they were seeing if the boys or the girls could raise more pennies to feed 1000+ children overseas). They had a gold brick and Edward said "that is what I need." So I ask about it, they tell me for $5 you can get a gold brick (the bricks are to help make either the girls side or the boys side of the scale weigh more)...so we purchase it....which makes Edward really happy. They go into to the sanctuary to start for the night. I turn to Mrs. Kliewer and mention the earlier conversation with Edward about wanting me to paint 2 bricks gold, she and another homeschool mom I know, started to laugh. They said that they could picture me bringing in 2 gold painted bricks....because I am the type of mom who would drop everything to do whatever it was that Edward said he needed. I had to laugh because they are right....I would have done exactly that earlier in the day if he had asked me around noon or 1pm.

No comments: